Sonny The Roadtrippin' Dog "writes" about his travels around the U.S.A.!

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Sonny the Frog?

With summer pretty much here, I am discovering some new and interesting things. Having spent the only other summer I can really remember in Los Angeles, I have never really experienced the natural things like those that can be found at my Utah home. One thing I really like: bugs. They crawl, they squirm, and best of all, they fly. I can spend hours chasing the flying insects around in the grass. It's as close to the primitive hunting rituals of my ancestors as I've ever come. And I love it!

The highlight of my new bug hobby happened last night. A fly actually got into the house! Oh, I was on him right away. I stalked him all around. He flew into the kitchen, I was there. He flew into the living room, I was there. I chased this little guy from room to room for a good ten minutes. I wasn't going to let him get away. It was when he flew over the couch and landed on the wall when I saw my chance. Like a flash, I was up on the couch, my paws barely hitting the cushions. I sprang into the air just as that fly tried to get away - but it was too late! I snapped - and caught him in my mouth!

Boy was I proud as I chomped happily on the bug. He really didn't taste that good, but, hey, I eat dirty socks! I'm just proud that those wild dog instincts inside of me still exist, even though I live the cushy lap dog life (and can use a computer). All I have to say is Bugs Beware! Swamp frogs have got nothing on me.

Your Best Friend,
Sonny