Sonny The Roadtrippin' Dog "writes" about his travels around the U.S.A.!

Friday, July 21, 2006

Puppy Pilgrimage

I spent the day in the quaint seaside town of Plymouth, Massachusetts. Plymouth is where the Pilgrims landed in 1620; the home of Plymouth Rock, the Mayflower, and also my human great-grandmother.

Here I am in front of Mayflower II, a replica of the real thing.


Sonny and The Mayflower 3


Even though we were right on the ocean, it was really hot - I needed to stay hydrated. A nice cup of spring water from one of the beach vendors made me very happy!

Quenched Pup

Thirsty Pup


While we stuck to the main tourist area, which was very convenient for dogs to visit, dogs are also allowed on the beach as long as they remained leashed. We spotted this Saint Bernard cooling off in the water.

Dog Swimming


Since I have had enough swimming for one week, I remained on dry land, but did get my picture snapped with some nautical art.

Tom, Sonny, Anchor


Plymouth is a great place to see. If you go, make sure you visit the Rock:

Plymouth Rock 2


Your Best Friend,
Sonny

Labels: , , , , ,