Sonny The Roadtrippin' Dog "writes" about his travels around the U.S.A.!

Monday, June 27, 2005

Why Roadtrip?



People often say to me "Hey, Sonny, you're a dog (or something like that)! Why do you need to take roadtrips? Can't you just play fetch some more and be happy?" Now, it is true that I like fetch. Okay, I LOVE fetch. But even for a dog like me, nothing compares to the open road. I'm only two years old, and I've already seen the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean. I've seen Mount Rushmore, Devil's Tower, the Las Vegas Strip, and the Hollywood Sign. I've stood outside the football stadiums of Notre Dame, Michigan, Wisconsin, BYU - I even marked my territory outside of Ford Field in Detroit (no offense to the Lions)! I mean, most people haven't even done this stuff, and I'm only a dog! Aside from that, I played hide and seek with Willie the pit bull in Boston, chased a cute poodle around a rest stop in New Jersey, kissed a dachsund in an elevator in Los Angeles, and walked in the park with about 1000 other dogs to raise money for homeless pets in Salt Lake City. I'm making friends out there! Not only do I not have to sit with the luggage like I would if I was traveling by plane or boat, I also get to feel the wind in my fur, see all the wonders the country has to offer, and snag the occassional french fry that gets dropped in transit. I tell you, this is the life. Roadtripping rules!