Sonny The Roadtrippin' Dog "writes" about his travels around the U.S.A.!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Reunited

sonny2
My mom was gone for four whole days, and I was starting to worry that she wasn't coming back. I know that she has been gone for a few days before and has come back, and every time I get dropped off at the kennel, I get picked up again a day or two later. But every time, I get a little bit nervous. You know, someone did leave me at a shelter once and never came back. Of course, that is how I met my mom.

Anyway, I kept sitting by the door, never giving up hope. I did enjoy "guy's weekend" with Tom, but enough is enough, you know? Tom would leave and come back alone. Then leave and come back alone. It was getting tedious. I was getting sad.

Finally, though, it happened.

I heard someone coming. The door opened...and it was Tom. I was disappointed. I was sure my mom was out there! But it was a trick!! Cuz you know what? My mom came in right after that! Oh, I was the most excited dog in the world! I jumped and twirled and ran around in circles. I tackled my mom and licked and kissed her all over - I just couldn't stop! It was the greates feeling in the world. Mom was home, and I was safe and warm and fuzzy again.

She and I sat together for a while. She rubbed my tummy and I licked her face. Then I got to cuddle up with her in bed, like we do every night. It was the best. I love my mom. And she loves me. And I hope she doesn't leave again for a really long time.