Sonny The Roadtrippin' Dog "writes" about his travels around the U.S.A.!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Nooooooo! (Bath Time)



Tonight was one of those dreaded nights. The nights that I hear my mom say four really bad words: "Wanna take a bath?" No! I do not want to take a bath! But I haven't learned to use my tongue in the human speech way yet, so I ended up in the tub.

I may have mentioned before that I HATE water of all kinds, dating back to the day a VERY MEAN MAN thought it would be funny to throw me into a swimming pool at three months old to see if I could swim. I could swim, but it was very traumatic. I threw up every time I took a bath for a while after that. You should never throw a puppy in the pool, believe me!

Anyway, I have gotten used to it, and tonight I only tried to escape once before it was all over ( a dog has to try). Now I am clean and I am happy, and only rolled around on the floor a little, just to get that shampoo smell off of my fur.

For some great advice on giving your dog a bath, check out Bathing-A-Dog.com. And if you or your dog are too skittish to do the bath thing at home, find a professional groomer to help you out. You can search for a groomer near you with the BreederWeb Dog Services Directory. If you happen to be a dog, I recommend trying to stay as clean as possible. The less time spent in the tub, the better!

Your best friend,
Sonny