Sonny The Roadtrippin' Dog "writes" about his travels around the U.S.A.!

Monday, September 05, 2005

On The Road Day 1

sonnycar

This weekend, my family took me on a road trip! I didn't know it was coming, but before I knew it, I was in the back seat of the car with a pillow and a cooler, heading out of the city and into the wilderness of Wyoming! I was in the car for a very long time (2 whole hours!) but it turned out to be worth it.

sonnytent2

I have been camping before - in fact, I have been camping in Wyoming - but not since I was very little. I'll tell you, as I sat in the car and watched the humans set up a tent, I was excited. Sleeping outside? It's a dream come true! I spent a long time just staring out of the tent windows, sniffing, listening to birds and people and other dogs - it was fascinating.

sonnytent1

I even saw horses in the field behind the campgrounds! I love seeing new and interesting animals. They smell funny and make funny noises!

horses

We took some walks around the campgrounds, which were good exercise as well as a great opportunity to explore. When we went to sleep, I cuddled up against my mom under lots of blankets. It was cold! But it was very quiet, and fun too! I really do like it outside. I definitely recommend camping for all dogs!

dogwalk

I'll tell you more about my trip tomorrow. It's too much for just one post!

Your Best Friend,
Sonny