Sonny The Roadtrippin' Dog "writes" about his travels around the U.S.A.!

Friday, August 12, 2005

Cats...grrrr

I don't know much about other animals. I pretty much hang out with humans and other dogs. I have spotted birds and squirrels and things before, but I don't have much experience with them. This makes me so curious. I mean, all these other different things are out there - I want to see them!

Well, in the past two days I have discovered another animal - that cat! Yesterday, while I was taking a walk, I saw this strange creature in the bushes. I tried to run over and meet it...but I was on a leash and it just held me back. I was disappointed not to get a look at the thing up close, but I was told it was a "cat" and would be afraid of me anyway.

Then last night, I heard the most horrible wailing sound coming from the back yard. I didn't know what it was. For several minutes, it sounded like a human baby crying, but I knew it wasn't. It was something else. I hid under the bed and growled. Grrrrr. Suddenly, through the wall, I heard a scuffle and a loud "Meeeeooooow!" I recognized that sound - it was a cat again!

I went nuts as a burst out from under the bed and started barking at that cat. How dare it wake me up? How dare it make noised in MY BACKYARD! No wonder cats are afraid of me - they should be!

My barking must have scared it off because the rest of the night was quiet. But then this morning, when I was out walking again, I saw it. Across the lawn was a cat. I busted through the sprinklers (and you know how I hate water!) to try and get it, but again, that darn leash kept me in one place. Grrrrr! Cats are so frustrating! Bu tI am determined to meet one someday. And I'm gonna give it a piece of my mind!

Your best friend,
Sonny