Sonny The Roadtrippin' Dog "writes" about his travels around the U.S.A.!

Monday, February 20, 2006

Sonny in Houston

I arrived in Houston, Texas for a weekend getaway on Friday - what a cool city! The humans came for some basketball and baseball events, but fit in a few dog activities for me, as well. On Friday, we got checked into our hotel - the very pet-friendly Baymont Inn in Baytown just east of Houston.

The first thing we did on Saturday morning was take a look at the Astrodome. They were having a rodeo there, though, so we could only see it from outside of the fence. Lucky for me, though, there was a PetSmart across the street! I got my nails trimmed and a fancy new collapsable crate to sleep in at the hotel. And a treat, of course!

Tom At The Astrodome
Tom and I pose in front of the Astrodome

Later, after I was all groomed and fed, we took a trip over to Minute Maid Field, home of the Houston Astros. I wasn't allowed in, but I was able to get my picture taken with one of the giant baseball that line the sidewalk outside. Man, I wish I could have taken that home!

Sonny Loves Baseball
Here I am in front of Minute Maid Park

On Sunday, we headed home, but not before a quick stop in San Antonio. Check out those pictures tomorrow!

Your Best Friend,
Sonny