Sonny The Roadtrippin' Dog "writes" about his travels around the U.S.A.!

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Dogs Like Baseball Too!



Baseball is a great sport for dogs - I know I love to catch things, throw things, and run around outside! Did you know you can take your dog to the ballpark with you? Many Minor League teams have "Take Your Dog To The Ballpark" promotions. Even some Major League Teams have "Dog Days of Summer" promotions where with a special ticket you and your dog can take in a big league game. San Diego Padres (Jun. 4), Toronto Blue Jays (Jul. 31), and San Francisco Giants (Aug. 6) all have this cool promotion in 2005. Also, if you are traveling with a pet in Chicago, you can take in a White Sox game and leave your pet at their Pet Check for only $3 (The money goes to non-profit organizations that train service animals)! And if you don't like baseball, your dog will probably settle for some tennis ball tossing in the yard :). I don't recommend you buy him a dog-sized baseball cap like my mom bought me for my birthday - wearing human clothes is so embarassing!