Sonny The Roadtrippin' Dog "writes" about his travels around the U.S.A.!

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Teaching this dog new tricks


I am a smart dog, if I do say so myself. I know all the normal dog commands like "sit" "stay" etc. I even know how to give hugs and kisses. I like to impress the humans. The other day, my humans decided to teach me another trick. They taught me how to stand on my hind legs. At first I was frustrated because they kept holding a treat high in the air, and I kept jumping for it, but even when I jumped five feet in the air, they wouldn't give it to me! Grrrr. But I am pretty quick and finally figured out that "Stand" meant get up on my back legs and balance. When I do it, my mom will give me a treat AND lots of hugging and petting. I might even practice while she's away. When I "Stand" it's easier to get things off the kitchen table!

Your Best Friend,
Sonny